“Caminante, no hay puentes, se hace puentes al andar.” Gloria Anzaldua
Laura Luna is a vintage purveyor, cultural curator, and community builder. A fierce and uncompromisingly self-loving/defining fat femme, "Luna" has been curating safe space - be it physical or ideological - for LGBTQ and gender variant communities with her work for over a decade.
Merging her backgrounds in project management and execution, event planning and PR, social justice and style, Luna continues to use style, glitter, love for joy, good energy & fun to connect, create loving spaces, events & bring together community for marginalized FOLX.
As a self-identified Xicana Queer Fat Femme whose very existence takes up space in this world, her visibility gives power to many others across various identities and encourages others to express their body and live their lives OUT LOUD!
A FEMME of many (highly enviable) hats, as a wardrobe and event consultant, Laura Luna has contributed to the production of a number of fashion projects, community groups, Queer events & more.
- Femme Fashion Stylist for UCLA Queer Studies’ QUEERTURE fashion show (2011)
- Creative Consultant for BUTCH Voices’ INVINCIBLE: Butch/Masculine Fashion Show (2010)
- Key Wardrobe Stylist for Metahuman – So PoMo Music Video (2011)
- Wardrobe Designer & Supervisor for The Good Kind (2012)
- Wardrobe Designer (pick-up shots) for Diego Luna’s CHAVEZ (2012)
- Fashion Consultant for Khafra.co Winter Style Guide (2013)
- Founding Board Member for DYKE Day L.A. (2018-)
- QTPOC Open Space: LGBT Center Long Beach: Co-Facilitator (2016-2017)
- Queer Clothing Swap: LGBT Center Long Beach: (2016-2017)
- Co-programmer for Fierce Fashion Futures at AMC (2013)
- Host & Committee Member for Fusion Lab - Outfest LGBT People of Color Film Festival (2013)
- Interview. Plus THIS! Show with Guest Queer Activist Laura Luna July 2018
- Interview. Working Title Podcast: Keisean Raines Episode: Let's Talk About: Femme ... What Is It to You? with Luna. July 2018
- Panelist. LANDWHALE Book Tour with Jes Baker, Saucye West and Bevin Branlandingham. May 2018
- Interview. Down for Whatever Podcast: Myisha Battle Episode: Femme at Play. Feb 2018
- Feature. Chonogram: On The Cover: Gabriel Garcia Roman. Mar 2017
- Feature. Vivala: Five Latinas on Reclaiming the Word Fat. May 2016
- Feature. Qwear:14 Femmes of Color Whose Style We Adore.Jan 2016
- Feature. Colorlines: Femmes of Color Sound Off. Dec 2014
- Feature. Colorlines: Fat Activists Take Body Acceptance to the Beach Aug 2014
- Film. A Stage For Size Documentary Directed by Corina Maritescu (trailer here) 2014
- Interview. Queerture: Making Room for All of Us - Laura Luna Creative XicanaMay 2013
- Interview. The Daily Bruin: Queerture Fashion Show to Promote Social Activism, Explore Style From LGBT Perspective October 2011
- Panelist & PR for the launch of Judgement Day: Fashioning Masculinities (2011)
- Panelist and organizing committee member of Femme Day of Action: Instigating and Imagining Femme(inine) Community in LA (2011)